Friday, November 4, 2011

Seagull... Check!

It is finally finished! Needs a title.
I know I am stubborn.  I am a bull after all, maybe a Pit-bull, but a bull in any case.  All that matters is that I got my way.  Here we all are in this exciting time.  There are people Occupying Places and it is wonderful to behold.  Important things are a foot and here I am, I figuring out how to keep both the Seagull and the funny yellow shape.  It keeps me amused.  Anyway, it was touch and go there for a while.  I was still coming to terms with the fact that I was going to have to sacrifice the seagull.  I thought I was just giving myself time to say good-bye to the flying sea rodent, when all the while, in the back of my mind I was scheming on how to keep the damn bird.
At first I put a nice Viridian Green/Prussian Blue/Alizarin Crimson glaze over the top half of the painting, including the yellow shape.  I thought that toning down the value of the shape would make it work.  However, it was the seagull  that was the problem not the shape, which I knew but was still not accepting.  So glazing the shape didn't really work.  Finally, in a desperate attempt I drew the brush down over the seagull and.... voila!  It worked!  As soon as I saw the bird recede, I knew it was going to be ok! 

2 comments:

  1. terri weist from Organic InteriorsNovember 4, 2011 at 11:41 AM

    Cool Lani , I like this bloG! hmm ..inspired.
    and it is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is embarrassing, just figured out that there are all these comments. I thought I had it set to notify me when I got a comment. I am so lame. Took 5 years to figure this out.
      THank you so much!

      Delete