Saturday, November 24, 2012

Locked

"Locked" 16"x24" oil on canvas
Finally, first one finished!  This painting took months.  I had about four paintings going in this same vein.  They were all different sizes and formats, but none was going anywhere.




Version 1.   I kept painting, laying down layers.  
This is how it started.  It kept going back and forth, through all different color schemes. 
Then I had a break through on Day of the Dead.   A conversation with friends reminded me of what I wanted to do and to stop doing the same thing over and over.  Duh.



Version 2.  I turned it on its side and added more elements.
It really started to move then.





Version 3.  For some reason, I felt very strongly about the putting blue on the right. 


Version 4.  This one might look the same as the other one, but I lightened things up.


Here it is again.  It is a little tighter than others in the series, but that is my tendency.  

No comments:

Post a Comment