Monday, July 16, 2012

More Birds For The San Pablo Show

"On Stop" 6"x6" oil on canvas



















I am working on more paintings of demonized birds and a stop sign, to go into my up coming show with Jhina Alvarado and Scott Inguito at the San Pablo Gallery.  We are calling it "Machines, Muses and Memories." When we came up with this theme, Jhina was, and still is, painting her "Forgotten Memories" series, so that is still right in theme.  Scott was painting El Caminos, perfect car images,  and I WAS painting vehicles; semis, motorcycles, bikes and my muse dog Elmo.

I have veered a bit out of theme,  doing birds and a stop sign... whoops.  I am working on some larger bikey images with seagulls that I have to finish for the show.  Hopefully it will all tie together, somehow.  In an case these little pieces are a bit of a stretch.

For now, the stop sign implies vehicles and the perhaps the birds incite memories and the fear of poop on cars, more vehicular references....  Ok, I am grasping.  
"Winged" 6"x6" oil on canvas

"Flirt" 6"x6" oil on canvas

"On Break" 6"x6" oil on canvas


13831 San Pablo Ave, Maple Hall, Bldg 4 San Pablo, CA
August 11-September 9
Check it out and bring your friends.



I have a piece accepted into the Art For Aids Auction.  Hope someone bids on it.  It is the first in the abstract collage series, that "Derailleur" was from. 

"Orange Bike" 16"x24" oil on panel

1 comment:

  1. I like the first painting. I am not sure if it is the blue I like or the straight lines. Maybe both. Also, "Flirt" is great! The bird is fun and seductive.

    ReplyDelete