Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Another Chopped Up Week

"Gauges" 8"x8" oil on canvas.  Added some color using a water color technique.
This week I worked on some stuff that is old and some that is new.    I have all these small canvases, 6"x6" and 8"x8" lying around the studio so I did a bunch of these thick Richtery grounds on them.  Its an experiment born from losing not one, but two perfectly good motorcycle paintings to a soapy death.  I am holding off from starting the subject of the painting and dealing exclusively with the background  first.  Feels very weird to work this way.  Another challenge is that sometimes  I have to deal with a excess of texture from these backgrounds.
"Acid Bike"  6"x6" oil on canvas.  This one I ended up covering up the painterly background with this acid green.  I couldn't help myself.  Sometimes yellow as well as red can just take over my senses.  I am a drunk again.

"Moto Profile" 8"x8" oil on canvas.  Ok you saw this one, but I changed the background a bit and no disasters! 
  Here is the old stuff of the week.  The 20"x20" Moto is different but it's back.  I am treading lightly.  I will see if I learned my lesson.   I am not finished with it yet!  I still have to figure out the background.
"20x20" oil on panel


"Orange Bike" 16"x24" oil on panel.  Remember this one?  Its limping along.  I am loving the right hand side and the top right, and the middle bottom... and the left wheel...  Ok, I think the only part I am not in love with is the upper left hand side.  Scott Inguito one of my studio pals will probably try to get me to paint out everything but that part.

No comments:

Post a Comment