Sunday, April 8, 2012

I Think A Little Easter Has Crept Into My Painting

The color is so vibrant and blooming in this piece.  I am straying away from my beloved "Giorgio Morandi" palette, of quiet grays and muted colors.      I had to push this painting in a final desperate act, but I am excited and pleased with the result.   I think I have found a new direction in both content and color.

 
Final Version of "Pole" now called "Glimpse", oil on canvas, 30"x30".  It has a lot of color.  I used a little of my Old Holland paint stash.  God I love that stuff.
This is what it looked like last week.  I knew it wasn't quite finished.

This painting was really bugging me and I didn't know what to do to fix it.  Finally in an act of desperation, I added the drippy grey to the top half.  This was a bit of a turning point.  I was going to finish it or destroy it.  The top painting is the result. 

No comments:

Post a Comment